Thursday, July 31, 2008

A much needed update:)

Eden is doing wonderful! Her personality continues to come out more every day. It is so sweet to see her laugh and play and giggle and EAT (and enjoy eating at that!)... It has been amazing to see how much just a little food can do for a baby! She has so much more energy and personality that ever before. She is still my sweet, laid back baby, though she has begun some attention getting techniques. She will start to cry, then when I look at her and smile, she will giggle... she thinks this is the funniest thing. She's beginning to explore peak a boo.... and making sounds are so fun too. Jodi her developmental therapist was making monkey noises this week during therapy and she thought it was the greatest thing in the world. She is also sitting a lot more - she still needs assistance, but less and less each day - I think I might cry when she sits up by herself. Praise the Lord that He continues to allow E to do things at one point we thought she might not do.

Staci (josh's sister) came to visit this week - it was so wonderful to see her. She is leaving next week to teach overseas and we are going to miss her dearly! It was great to spend some time with her before she left. My dad is coming to visit tomorrow for a few hours and I know he can't wait... and then Nana and Papa Joe are coming later in August. This makes us sound busy - but I actually think life is actually "slowing" down for the first time in a long time. I am hoping to get to work on my ETSY site some more and I have some books I want to read - but who knows - maybe Eden will be crawling soon and I'll again have no time on my hands anymore (which I wouldn't complain about at all!)



I also think Eden might be teething - though there have been many points in the past few months that I thought she might be teething. She has had little white spots on her gums since she was about 3 months old -but they have not changed one bit. The past few weeks however, she has been drooling like CRAZY - everything is wet. And everything goes straight to the mouth. Yesterday I gave her a frozen teething ring and it was quite funny to see her reaction to something frozen in her mouth - though it shocked her initially, she kept chewing away on it - I finally took it away because her hands we like ice:)




ETSY is going well... I have finally made a sell to someone I don't know!! That was pretty exciting for me... And I also had my first international customer (thanks Ursula!)... I have ordered some stamps with my logo and website on them and can't wait for them to come in the mail. I am having so much fun with this website. It has been such a great outlet for me to have something to get my mind off of things. I am having fun experimenting with different designs and textures for my cards. My new favorite is using fabrics...



These are so much fun and I think they have turned out really nice - as soon as I find some more fun fabric I'm going to make some more. I have also become addicted to browsing etsy for new ideas of things to make (but not to sell!) I have bought the supplies to make a few things for E, but have not yet jumped in to them... maybe soon. This has been such a great creative outlet for me and I'm glad I've been able to sell some of my products and share it with others. Thanks to all my etsy supporters (and a very big thank you to Mylinda!)

I am typing all this while waiting on my video to load - it is taking quite a long time, but I think I have figured it out. I'll have to do a shorter video next time - maybe that will be a little quicker. Okay - so now its done "loading" and said error - after 30 minutes - so still no video until someone helps me out and tells me what I'm doing wrong:) Any takers?


I love these smiles!:) 


Eden with her toy from the Kid's Exchange


She's getting so LONG (go figure!)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

She is SO dear! I will truly miss holding & playing with her when I'm no longer in the Bed Babies class. It has been a privilege to get to know you all!
Brenda Hostetler

lindsey said...

hey steph! i might be able to help you with the imovie thing. i've been using it a ton at work. i think the simplest thing to do is share, then export as quicktime movie. feel free to email me anytime if that doesn't work!! can't wait to see videos! :)

Kristen said...

Ok...so this comment from Lindsey is so Lindsey. It just makes me miss the olds days. I am excited that everything is going to hopefully slow down for you guys.