Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Please Continue to Pray

So today was an eventful day... eventful is not what we are going for though.  Last night Eden spiked a fever and seemed to keep it through the night - so off we went to see Dr. Herriott. Well, she did a cbc (blood count) and it her white blood cells were 35,000. This is really high and indicated that she has some infection going on somewhere. Well, since she just had surgery - that is the first thing they suspect. So she called Dr. Rice at Duke and he wanted us to come to the ED there. So - off to Duke we went. When we go there Dr. Rice took one look at her incision ( I'll spare you all the details b/c its a little much) and determined that it was abscessed (badly infected). They have started her on Augmentin (a strong antibiotic) and hopefully that will clear the infection. Dr. Rice said that Dr. Herriott should win the doctor award for the day for picking up on this... I think so too:) She was such a brave girl - all that they did to her today was the hardest thing I have ever had to watch - including all her surgeries... it was terrible... please pray that this heals and that the infection does not spread. Pray that whatever grows back on the culture - the doctors will know how to treat best. Just when I feel like she is making strides forward, something like this happens. I must cling to the promise that God knows what is going on and that all this is for a purpose. 


I was telling Josh the other that I think it is so sweet how the Lord answers our prayers. As many of you remember, when I was pregnant and since Eden has been here with us - I have continued to pray and asked you all to pray that the Lord will protect her mind from harm. Well- I hadn't thought about it in relation to food - but in the hospital everyone kept telling us that now she has had this surgery all her "parts work" but that mentally she may have issues with the bottle since she has struggled so much the past few months feeding. I had convince myself that she would b/c everyone told me so:) Well - God is faithful to answer prayers and He has protected her mind from aversions to the bottle. I feel like she has not had any issues with the bottle and is doing so much better than anyone thought. She is taking almost 20 oz and Dr. Herriott told us her goal should be 22-24oz a day. She's almost there and not fighting me one bit. Praise the LORD!

Well - I promised pictures - so here are a few from the past few days. 






Oh - and I have added some new cards to my etsy site and hope to get more up soon - please check them out and if you are in the market for some cards - please consider my shop:) 


www.etccards.etsy.com

Steph

7 comments:

The Jenkins said...

I will be praying for Eden, you, and Josh, God is awesome and hears the prays of His saints.

Anonymous said...

Eden really does look like her daddy! :) Steph, we will continue to pray for you. How wonderful that Eden is taking the bottle! A step in the right direction. Hopefully the infection will heal quickly and she can be on the road to recovery again.

Unknown said...

That is so awesome about her feeding....now we just have to get the infection cleared up. I'm talking like I'm gonna be the one to do that. Well, I guess if prayer helps to get that done, I'm there. I purposely haven't called you cause I know you're so busy and your mom is still there. Whenever you have a minute (I know that might never happen) give me a call. Love You!!!!

jermswif said...

We are always praying for you three!!! We love you all!!!

Anonymous said...

Praying for 'uneventful'! The pictures you posted are so sweet. Love, Ursula

Anonymous said...

You guys are on my mind a lot and wanted to let you know that I continue to pray for you all and little Eden.

Bethany

Sarah :) said...

The cards I wanted to buy are already sold. Darnit! I need to be quicker:)