Tuesday, July 8, 2008

The Latest

So, Eden is still doing well, though her hematicrit is 22 which is low so they decided it was best to give her a blood transfusion. She has been doing well off the ventilator today though she has still needed a little oxygen and they have been unable to get her off the O2. They think the blood transfusion will help with that as well. She will stay in the PICU tonight for those two reasons and the fact that they have no beds available on the pediatric units. She perked up when Josh came in to see her:) Of course... but that was good to see her open her eyes and give us (Josh) a half smile.

Well... I'm not sure I'll update again tonight - I'm exhausted and I think after we go and see her again, we are both going to head home and get some sleep. I think it will do me some good and I'll be able to function a little better tomorrow. Thanks again and please continue to pray!

Steph

2 comments:

jermswif said...

You and Josh amaze me. Yall are so strong. I cant imagine...
And of course, Eden is amazing! She is such a wonder. I am so thankful and still praying!

Sarah :) said...

I love you girl! Sorry you guys are going through so much. Remember we love you and are praying for you.