Tuesday, February 16, 2010

the flouncy bag...

For Christmas I got a few new crafting books, one of which was One Yard Wonders. I've been thumbing through it 'oohing and ahhing' over all the projects. I the this crazy idea to try and work my way through it this year, but we'll see how many projects I can actually get done!


Well, here's my first project from the book! The Flouncy Bag immediately caught my eye and I knew it would be my first project. I found some amazing fabric at Joann's, of all places! While the pattern was incredibly easy to make, there were errors in it - luckily I found the errata web page prior to starting, but I still think the corrections posted were wrong. I wasn't able to get all the pieces cut from the one yard of fabric, so I used some linen I had on hand for the interior and the top part. Actually though, I'm glad i did because I love the contrast and I think it gives it a vintage feel. I even had this AMAZING vintage button that I had been saving for the right project and added it for a bit of embellishment. Overall - LOVED this project and will definitely be making another one soon, since this one is on its way to a special birthday girl! She better like it, because I definitely didn't want to part with it!



3 comments:

Carrie said...

I turned out so good! I have that page dog earred in my book too. Very fun fabrics. I liked the other bag too... the Scrunchy Bag.

Steph said...

Oh, I can't wait for the Scrunchy Bag - I'm trying to find the right fabric right now - I seem to be drawn to directional prints and lots of the patterns call for non-directional prints!

Sarah :) said...

So cute!!! Good job Steph!